Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crazy weekend!

A few shots of the babies...


On Friday night, Megan came from Canada...she's living with me now and Jen moved into the guest house unti she leaves this Friday for Cambodia! I'm going to miss her! Megan is a really sweet girl. She' 22 years old and a nurse, so she's been helping the Crossroads team alot and will be a big help to try to keep our babies healthy.
On Saturday morning, Debbie helped all of the kids decorate Christmas cards for their sponsors. I helped for a while too and it turned really messy with the glitter haha. Everyone had it all over. The cards are really cool though. The rest of the kids will decorate thiers next Saturday.


Above is Monnapha...one of our older girls.


This is May and Aranya. I love them both. They are both working really hard on their English.
On Saturday afternoon, after baking a while with the older girls, we went swimming with the girls and the young ones at a nearby resort. It was really fun.
Sorry I couldn't get this picture to rotate...but I had to put it in!

These three are from Doi Saket 2. So cute...

Saturday night the Crossroads team arrived and went swimming with the boys while the older girls, Debbie, and I finished making dinner for them. Spaghetti, salad, and double chocolate cookies. They all came to the orphanage to enjoy dinner and play with the kids. It was a nice night. I got to see Ron Biddle - great to see a familiar face! Sunday morning we had a great service at church with many special numbers from the kids and staff. All the kids looked so great in their hill Tribe outfits. The nurses set up an immunization clinic for all of the new kids and staff in the afternoon and shot them up. I'm so glad I didn't have to get one. I did watch though a few times and I didn't even get lightheaded! For those of you that know me well, I am getting alot better ha. Below are the kids after their shots.

After the clinic, we went back to the house to rest for a little while before going to the Chiangmai student center where one of the Asia's Hope girls shared her testimony and met her sponsor from Ohio. It was really powerful and touching. We went shopping at the Sunday walking market that night before getting some delicious Rotee and heading home. Monday was a fabulous day of rest, where Debbie and I chilled while the team and Megan went up to the widow's farm to do a clinic. We took my computer to the Apple store, so hopefully they'll call soon with it fixed.

Tuesday was a hard day. I was supposed to go up to one of the remote villages to get a new baby boy whose mother had died and father couldn't care for. We had asked a couple of days ago if I could go, and was told I could, but long story short, i was told Tuesday morning that I wouldn't be able to go. I was really dissappointed because that was one thing I really wanted to do while I was here. I'm sure there was a reason I wasn't able to go, and there will be other opportunities, but it was just a hard day and I was missing people from home alot. But God is good and his will and plan are good. I shoud be able to see the baby today! yay! I went shopping with the ladies from the team and Debbie at some places in town, then after lunch stayed at the house and napped/studied Thai until they got back. I hadn't been back to the orphanage since Sunday afternoon so I missed the kids and was happy to go back Tuesday night. Dave treated Megan and I to pizza with the team after the service, so that was really sweet.

Overall, things are going well, God is teaching me alot, and I am very thankfu to be here. I know I'm where God wants me, and I couldn't be happier anywhere else than in His will. Please continue to pray for the children and for the team as they're about to go to Cambodia. Thank you again and again for praying for me. Please email and comment!

Ladies tediously woodcarving Masterpieces in Chiangmai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I'm sorry you didn't get to go get the baby! I know you were looking forward to it. Right now I am eating cereal and getting ready for class. But I always check your blog every morning! I was glad for more pictures and that your apple is getting fixed. I have been selfishly praying for that;) Two more days until Naomi. Lol. I'm really stoked to go home too. I will soak in lots of home and then send it to you via video chat next time we do. I love you a whole lot.

OH YEAH. Coach and Amy have two boys they are fostering. They are like super little...an infant and a toddler brother. They will probably end up adopting them too. Isn't that exciting!!!!?

Praying for you and thinking of you,
Jillian

Anonymous said...

Question... why couldn't you get the baby the first time? Were you going to go alone? I know you have him now, so I'm glad that worked out and he's safe at the orphanage. Love you! Miss you! We need to talkkkkkkk!