Last one was a long one of meaningful words...this one is full of pics. Hope you enjoy them both.
Friday night after worship, I went into the little boys room in the baby house and sat with them and watched them play for a long time. It was so funny! They are so creative and certainly use their resources. hah
Palupa above and he, Jo, and Tou Lek below.
On Saturday I got the opportunity to go with Jit to a Thai wedding. I went with Jit's family to help with some set-up before-hand and the wedding was beautiful. It was alot more western than I expected. The service was very similar to an Christian American wedding service, including lighting of the candles and having flower girls and ring-bearers and all. They even had a wedding cake afterwards (soo good btw). The only thing they didn't have was dancing. The wedding itself had a big impact on me and I was so blessed to be able to meet alot of great people - Thai's and Americans.
The ceremony.
On the left is Reuben, who I'd briefly met once before. He is a great guy and really has a heart after the Lord. Jit is second from the right and next is Dii, Jit's younger cousin who was really cool too.
Us with the couple after dinner.
So change of scenery. Sometimes I forget that I'm in Thailand. I need to start writing down all the peculiar things I've seen that I barely think twice about anymore....The other day I was in my room and I heard some commotion. I stepped out side and four cows had wandered into our orphanage and started eating our grass. haha. Enoch shooed them out like a pro. Then just yesterday two cows wandered onto one of the busiest streets and right into traffic. One cow even waited for the light to cross the road! hah. They just wanted the plants on the other side. Who can blame em?
So today after the staff meeting and lunch with the staff, I went to the Doi Saket open market and got some bananas and pineapple. yum. I opened the bag of bananas after I had gotten into the car and Lo and behold, there were four bananas on the stem that had grown together! I was impressed. Demur was in the car with us and she said its rumor in her village that if you eat bananas that grow together like that, that's how many children you'll have at once. She's ever only seen two together and used to sneak in and eat them cause she wanted twins. Ironically, not she has 3 boys plus 16 other children to care for haha.
Nevertheless...I ate the bananas...all four in one day.
We'll see what happens....(cue scary music)
Last, but not least, a cute little picture of Dow eating dinner in her Elmo hoodie. I don't know how she wears it either. Its not like its at least 85 every day.
Thanks so much once again for the prayers. God has provided so much for me over the weekend and given me enough drive for my second "stage" here. I'm the only English speaker at the orphanage now, because Jit left. Some of the staff knows a little English, but mostly just he basics. I really need to focus on my Thai, so please pray that I have the motivation and discipline to study and the grace from God to remember and use what I learn. God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment